PMP – Privacy Notice – v3
Description of the Performance Measurement Platform (PMP) service
The Performance Measurement Platform (PMP) consists of low-cost hardware nodes with pre-installed perfSONAR software. The nodes are performing regular measurements towards GÉANT measurement points located in the core of the network. The central components that manage the platform elements, gather, store and represent the performance data, are operated and maintained by the GÉANT Project. Small nodes users can shape the predefined setup and configure additional measurements to their needs and get more familiar with the platform.
We are committed to privacy and security and we are proud that the PMP service is designed in line with data protection principles, in particular with data minimalisation principle.
To view the general Privacy Notice for GÉANT, please visit the GÉANT website.
Why We Process Personal Data
We use your personal data:
- If you are visiting any of several public web sites (e.g. perfSONAR nodes and MaDDash) where we collect normal web server logs, i.e. timestamp of access, IP address which requested the page, the page being requested, the HTML result code, etc. The data collected is for the purpose of troubleshooting and debugging potential problems with the PMP infrastructure and therefore the service has a legitimate interest in processing this information.
- If you are entrusted with nodes as administrator: your name, e-mail address, phone number as well as your signature on the lending equipment paper form – for the purposes of our legitimate interests such as:
- Enable us to carry out specific functions for which we are responsible such as operating the corresponding infrastructure and components which includes the management of incidents;
- Provide support to Small Nodes visitors (users)/administrator;
- Get a proof that GÉANT lent some equipment to this organisation/person whose personal data are collected.
Who Do We Share Data With?
In order to provide the PMP service we may commission other organisations. We require all these organisations to keep information safe and comply with current regulations.
Personal data gathered for website operations and statistics is only shared within the GÉANT Association and the PMP Operational Team for analysis and reporting.
We don’t forward your personal data to other recipients.
Personal Data Retention
The personal data processed for the PMP service are stored in European Union
If you have visited any of our PMP websites as a visitor / administrator, we hold your personal data (IP, timestamp) for 6 months after your status of visitor / administrator of service has been terminated, unless we need it to resolve particular issue.
Web server logs data for operations and statistics are retained for one month on the small node you have been visiting and the central server (located in Germany).
We support the following processes to ensure the security of your data:
- Minimisation of personal data we collect;
- Managing, limiting and controlling access to personal data;
- Resilience of processing systems and services;
- Regular testing of the effectiveness of measures implemented;
- Your personal data is securely destroyed when no longer required.
You have the following rights:
- Request the rectification and erasure of personal data;
- Restrict the processing of personal data;
- Make a request for your personal information, or be given access to your record (if so please preferably contact our GÉANT Data Protection Officer, contact information can be found below);
- Complain to the Supervisory Authority (Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens at https://autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl) about our data processing activities if you feel your data is not being managed as described here.
|Data Controller and Contact||Data Protection Officer GÉANT Association|
Amsterdam – Zuidoost
Telephone number: +31 20 530 4488
|Jurisdiction||Netherlands Dutch Data Protection Authority|
Postbus 93374 2509 AJ DEN HAAG.
Telephone number: (+31) – (0)70 – 888 85 00.
Last revision: January 2019