perfSONAR is an open-source, modular and flexible architecture for active network performance monitoring that provides a view of network performance across multiple domains, allowing NOC and PERT engineers to seamlessly analyse and diagnose network behaviours across the entire end-to-end path. The tools provided in the perfSONAR suite perform active measurements of throughput, packet loss, delays and jitter, and record network route and path changes.
The GÉANT project offers three types of perfSONAR-related services:
- perfSONAR software development and user support within the international collaboration of ESnet, GÉANT, Internet2, Indiana University, RNP and University of Michigan.
- Supporting the GÉANT community to deploy perfSONAR in their environment as a part of perfSONAR’s consultancy and expertise service, providing advice, training and support for designing and deploying a perfSONAR-based measurement architecture.
- Providing Performance Measurement Platform.
perfSONAR is implemented in over 2,000 measurement nodes worldwide.
perfSONAR can be used by both NRENs and large project users to monitor performance and help diagnose issues.
Find out More
Visit the perfSONAR website
- Download perfSONAR here
- perfSONAR FAQ
- perfSONAR documentation
- See where NRENs and researchers have deployed perfSONAR
- perfSONAR PMP Privacy Notice
GÉANT perfSONAR nodes
perfSONAR Consultancy and Expertise
perfSONAR Consultancy and Expertise aims to provide support and disseminate knowledge about perfSONAR usage for the GÉANT community and offers four different activity types:
- Help to ensure that design measurement architectures and infrastructures based on perfSONAR fit the performance monitoring and measurement needs of the requesting party.
- Specific training on perfSONAR deployment, usage and best practices.
- Extra support to deploy and operate perfSONAR provided by GÉANT and NRENs, as requested.
- Maintenance and operation of a set of perfSONAR services useful to the global perfSONAR community and GÉANT area perfSONAR users in particular.
Feel free to contact the team via email@example.com