The GÉANT network has security as a core component of its design. With a range of security services and features designed to ensure NRENs and users can rely on the network to support global research and education.
- Case Study: eduVPN Deployment at the Leibniz-Supercomputing CentreBuilding a multi-institute VPN solution for Munich’s 130,000 user community The Leibniz-Supercomputing Centre (Leibniz Rechenzentrum, LRZ) is the computing center of both Munich Universities of Excellence: Ludwig-Maximilians University and Technical… Read more »
- CSM2021 Webinar – Data sharing hygiene and its implications in security21 October 2021 – 15:00-16:00 CEST Every digital interaction leaves a digital trail. Most often than not, such breadcrumbs contain our personal data – even without our conscious consent. Correctly… Read more »
- What you need to know about the security of public wifiBy Joeri de Ruiter, Technical Product Manager at SURF Nowadays, wherever you go it is likely that there is free wifi on offer. This can be very convenient when you… Read more »
- Is gamification the answer to all our problems? – Games and security awarenessWhether you play chess, Taboo or Tomb Raider, games are entertaining and hold the attention. For a moment in time, the world of the game becomes reality, and its rules… Read more »
- Invitation to a gala dinner to fight against ransomwareIn the last two years both private and public companies, as well as individuals, have been afflicted by one of the most dangerous cyber threats: ransomware. By Simona Venuti, security… Read more »
- How to make backups of your data – and why you shouldThe most unfortunate thing about backups is that we usually realise we need one when it’s already too late. We want to recover data we lost, but – unless we… Read more »