NMaaS provides a range of tools to support network management. The web portal provides access to the toolset and users can select the tools required for their purposes to build a customised toolset, optimised for their networks and services.
- Oxidized - Oxidized is a simple open-source device configuration backup tool exposing a web-based GUI.
- LibreNMS - LibreNMS is an auto-discovering PHP/MySQL/SNMP based network monitoring system which includes support for a wide range of network hardware and operating systems.
- NAV - Network Administration Visualized (NAV) is an advanced software suite to monitor large computer networks. It automatically discovers network topology, monitors network load and outages, and can send alerts on network events by e-mail and SMS.
- Prometheus - Prometheus is an open-source systems monitoring and alerting toolkit.
- Grafana - Grafana is an open source, feature rich metrics dashboard and graph editor for Graphite, Elasticsearch, OpenTSDB, Prometheus and InfluxDB.
- Bastion - The Ubuntu-based bastion server deployed in a domain has VPN access to all the monitored devices.
- Booked - Booked is a web-based calendar and resource scheduling system that allows administered management of reservations on any number of resources.
- Statping - Statping is an easy to use Status Page for websites and applications.
- Debian repository - Debian repository based on Reprepro is a tool for managing APT repositories.
- SPA Inventory - SPA Inventory is a database for storing information about topology resources and service instances that offers TMF Open APIs for standardised access (developed within the GÉANT project).
- pSConfig Web Admin (perfSONAR) - pSConfig Web Admin (PWA) is a web-based UI for perfSONAR administrators to define and publish MeshConfig/pSConfig meshes, which automates tests executed by test nodes, and provides topology information to various services, such as MadDash.
- InfluxDB - InfluxDB is an open-source time series database (TSDB) developed by InfluxData.
- Jenkins - Jenkins is a self-contained, open source automation server which can be used to automate all sorts of tasks related to building, testing, and delivering or deploying software.
- ELK Stack - "ELK" is the acronym for three open source projects: Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana.
- perfSONAR MaDDash – MaDDash is a tool for collecting large amounts of inherently two-dimensional data and presenting it in visually useful ways.
- perfSONAR Esmond – Esmond is a system for collecting, storing, visualising and analysing large sets of timeseries data.
- WiFiMon – WiFiMon is a WiFi network monitoring and performance verification system.
- Icinga2 - Icinga is a monitoring system which checks the availability of your network resources, notifies users of outages, and generates performance data for reporting.
- Synapse - Matrix is an open and secure instant messaging protocol providing rich functionality. Synapse is an open-source server implementing the Matrix protocol.
- CodiMD - CodiMD lets you collaborate in real-time with markdown. It is an open-source version of the popular HackMD software, letting you host and control your team's content with speed and ease.
- Routinator - Routinator is a full-featured software package that can perform RPKI validation as a one-time operation and produce the result in multiple formats, or run as a service that periodically downloads and verifies RPKI data.
- Victoria Metrics - Victoria Metrics is a highly scalable high-performance database that can be used as an external long-term storage for Prometheus metrics.
Find Out More
Want to know more about NMaaS? Download the NMaaS presentation pdf.
Download the NMaaS Deliverable document
D8.7 Network Management as a Service Production Service
To find out more, contact the NMaaS Team